Spousal Maintenance

Spousal Maintenance

Spousal Maintenance

Are you struggling to pay the bills while your ex-partner is living the high life?

You need to seek urgent expert legal advice from the Accredited Specialist in Family Law at Bye Law.

Seek advice from the best. Bye Law is proud to offer the expert services of a Law Society Accredited Specialist in Family Law, Adam Bye. Specialist Accreditation is only awarded to the most elite solicitors in their field, which means you can rest assured that at Bye Law you will be getting the absolute best advice and legal support in your case.

The Family Law Act recognises that in some circumstances a separated party may be entitled to spousal maintenance. These are payments made by one party to another to ensure that after separation both parties are able to properly support themselves.

The Family Court first must consider whether one party has a need for spousal maintenance. That is, does that person not have enough money to meet their weekly financial needs. The lack of ability to support oneself needs to be due to:

(a)  having the care and control of a child of the relationship who has not attained the age of 18 years;
(b)  by reason of age or physical or mental incapacity for appropriate gainful employment; or
(c)  for any other adequate reason.

The court then must consider whether the other party has sufficient income to meet the needs of the other party.
If any of the above factors sound similar to your situation, you should seek urgent legal advice.

Our experienced Family Law Lawyers can help you every step of the way. If you are concerned that assets are being hidden or undervalued we can investigate for you. We have experience in obtaining financial information to ensure you are fully informed, even when the other side are trying to hide things.

We are here to take the stress out of your settlement and guide your through the complex Family Court system. While it may be a dauting and new experience for you, our experienced Family Lawyers do this every day.

Bye Law regularly appear in the Family Court and Federal Circuit Court registries in Sydney, Wollongong, Parramatta and Newcastle.

It can be costly too not get the right legal advice. Don’t risk it. Seek advice from the best, contact Peak Lawyers today.

Get An Obligation Free Consultation